Bigleaf Maple Syrup Resources
Washington Bigleaf Maple Syrup Network
Connect with other bigleaf maple syrup enthusiasts
WSU Extension Forestry provides this email discussion list to connect people across Washington who are tapping or thinking about tapping their bigleaf maple trees for syrup and other products. This is an opportunity for people to share ideas and techniques, ask and answer questions, see where sap is currently flowing, and discuss other things related to producing bigleaf maple syrup. There is a lot of collective experience out there to tap into (we can not confirm nor deny if that pun was intended).
Anyone can subscribe to the list, and subscribers can easily unsubscribe at any time.
Subscribe to the Washington Bigleaf Maple Syrup Network list
Do you tap maples? If so, we’re interested in learning from you. Learn about our community science program for bigleaf maple tapping.
Example online maple syrup equipment suppliers
(Not an exhaustive list; no implied endorsement)
- Bascom Maple Farms
- Berry Hill, Ltd.
- Blain’s Farm and Fleet
- Countryside Hardware
- Dominion and Grimm
- Erlsten Brothers Maple Products
- Fleet Farm
- Johnson’s Maple Supplies
- Leader Evaporator
- Paris Farmer’s Union
- Roth Sugar Bush
- Sippl’s Sugarbush
- Smoky Lake Maple Products
Online Information Resources
- Bigleaf maple managers’ handbook for British Columbia
- Connecticut Maple Syrup Producer’s Manual (PDF)
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Introduction to Bigleaf Maple Sugaring Webinar – WSU Extension
- North American Maple Syrup Manual (PDF)
- Oregon Tree Tappers
- PennState Extension
- Tapping Bigleaf Maple for Syrup Production
- University of New Hampshire Extension
- University of Vermont Extension