WSU Puget Sound Extension Forestry Classes and Events
We offer a variety of forestry education offerings throughout the year, including workshops, field tours, field days, and short courses.
Take an hour to learn something new about your forest!
Join us this summer for a series of all-new live webinars on various forest stewardship topics. The webinars are free, but preregistration is required. Each webinar is offered twice: one from 12:00-1:00 PM, and again from 7:00-8:00 PM. If you are interested in a webinar but will be unable to attend, please register anyway so that you can receive a link to the recording.
- 29th of July, 2021 – Who lives here now? Wildlife at home
- 5th of August, 2021 – The Bradley Method of noxious weed control
- 12th of August, 2021 – Variable density thinning
- 17th of August, 2021 – Forest health highlights
- 19th of August, 2021 – Lions and fishers and bears, oh my! Current events in Northwest wildlife management
- 26th of August, 2021 – Healthy forest understories and the weeds that get in the way
Visit the webinar page for details and registration
A forestry course for landowners
Our flagship course will teach you how to assess your trees, avoid insect and disease problems, attract wildlife, and take practical steps to keep your forest on track to provide enjoyment and even income for years to come. In this course you will develop your own Forest Stewardship Plan, which brings state recognition as a Stewardship Forest and eligibility for cost-share assistance, and may also qualify you for significant property tax reductions.
Northwest Washington Forest Stewardship Coached Planning Courses – Online Fall 2021 – The fall courses are now sold-out. Contact us to be put on a waiting list.
- Afternoon course: 12:00-3:00 p.m. Wednesday, September 8 – October 27, 2021, except for the first day, when the class will end at 3:30 p.m. Virtual field trip 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Saturday, October 16, 2021
- Evening course: 6:00-9:00 p.m. Wednesday, September 8 – October 27, 2021, except for the first night, when the class will end at 9:30 p.m. Virtual field trip 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Saturday, October 16, 2021
These courses are for northwest Washington (Clallam, Island, Jefferson, King, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom Counties). Southwest Washington and eastern Washington courses are also offered during the year. Visit the WSU Extension Forestry Website to see what courses are coming up for your region.