WSU Puget Sound Extension Forestry Classes and Events
We offer a variety of forestry education offerings throughout the year, including workshops, field tours, field days, and short courses.
Forest Stewardship Webinars
Learn from your home or office
We offer periodic live webinars on various forest stewardship topics. The webinars are free, but pre-registration is required. Each webinar is offered twice: 12:05-12:55 p.m. and 7:05-7:55 p.m.
Visit our webinar page to register for any of these webinars.
- 5/21/2020: Lions and squirrels and bears (oh my!) – critters in the forest
- 5/27/2020: A dead tree’s excellent adventure – there’s nothing bogus about dead wood
- 6/4/2020: Another one bites the dust – Why so many trees have been dying in western WA
- 6/8/2020: Dang it–who chewed my tree?? Controlling animal damage
- 6/18/2020: If you build it, they will come – Fun wildlife habitat enhancements
- 6/23/2020: Well begun is half done – proper site preparation and early vegetation control
- 6/29/2020: Plant trees like a boss (so that you only have to do it once)
- 7/14/2020: Plantae non grata – Invasive species on small woodlands
- 7/28/2020: The four horsemen of the root disease apocalypse
Forest Stewardship Coached Planning
A forestry course for landowners
Our flagship course will teach you how to assess your trees, avoid insect and disease problems, attract wildlife, and take practical steps to keep your forest on track to provide enjoyment and even income for years to come. In this course you will develop your own Forest Stewardship Plan, which brings state recognition as a Stewardship Forest and eligibility for cost-share assistance, and may also qualify you for significant property tax reductions.
There are currently no upcoming offerings. Check back soon for Fall 2020 classes