WSU North Puget Sound Extension Forestry Classes and Events
We have a variety of forestry education offerings throughout the year, including workshops, field tours, field days, and short courses.
Fall 2014 Pizza Seminars
Our “pizza seminars” are a chance to enjoy some pizza while listening to an educational presentation. We have four different seminars scheduled for Fall 2014:
- Northwest Hardwoods Alder Seminar – Bellevue
- Specialty Wood Markets Seminar – Bellevue
- Wetlands, ponds, and Amphibians Seminar – Everett
- Native Trees Seminar and Book Signing – Everett
Healthy Woodlands to Healthy Homes
A Field Tour on Vashon
Join us on Vashon for a tour showcasing examples of locally grown, milled, and marketed wood. We’ll look at the whole cycle from the forest to the finished building. This event is free, but pre-registration is required and space is limited. Additional Information and Registration.
Forest Stewardship Coached Planning
Our flagship class will teach you how to assess your trees, avoid insect and disease problems, attract wildlife, and take practical steps to keep your forest on track to provide enjoyment and even income for years to come. In this class you will develop your own Forest Stewardship Plan, which brings state recognition as a Stewardship Forest and eligibility for cost-share assistance, and may also qualify you for significant property tax reductions.
- Fall 2014 – Preston (King County) – Tuesdays starting September 16th.
- Winter 2015 – Online (for western Washington) – Thursdays starting February 12th.
Sign up for our E-Newsletter.