The WSU Forestry and Wildlife Extension program provides education and information about forest management to private forest landowners as well as the general public. We offer classes, workshops, and field days as well as publications, videos, and online resources to help you achieve your goals as a forest owner. We invite you to browse the vast resources on this site. If you have questions or need additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Local Extension Forestry Programs
- North Central Washington (serving Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas, Okanogan, and Yakima Counties)
- Northeast Washington (serving Ferry, Pend Oreille, Spokane, and Stevens, Counties)
- North Puget Sound (serving King, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, Skagit, and Whatcom Counties)
Forest Stewardship University
Forest Stewardship University offers a complete online education experience, featuring over 20 online mini-courses on a wide range of topics specific to Washington forests.
Forest Stewardship Notes
Subscribe to Forest Stewardship Notes, our free statewide e-newsletter. On the subscription page, be sure to select “Forest Stewardship Notes” as your newsletter choice (and any additional DNR newsletters you wish to receive). You will receive a confirmation e-mail after signing up. View archives.
Resource and Assistance Directories
Announcements and Events
2016 Forest Stewardship Coached Planning
2016 Forest and Range Owners Field Day
- Colville – Saturday, June 25 Forest Range Brochure/Registration; Schedule061316
- Sequim – Saturday, August 20 (Brochure/ Registration; Schedule coming soon!)
- Snoqualmie – Saturday, August 27th
- Lopez Island – Saturday, September 17th (more information coming soon)