The WSU Forestry and Wildlife Extension program provides education and information about forest management to private forest landowners as well as the general public. We offer classes, workshops, and field days as well as publications, videos, and online resources to help you achieve your goals as a forest owner. We invite you to browse the vast resources on this site. If you have questions or need additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Local Extension Forestry Programs
- North Central Washington (serving Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas, Okanogan, and Yakima Counties)
- North Puget Sound (serving Island, King, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, Skagit, and Whatcom Counties)
Forest Stewardship University
Forest Stewardship University offers a complete online education experience, featuring over 20 online mini-courses on a wide range of topics specific to Washington forests.
Forest Stewardship Notes
Subscribe to Forest Stewardship Notes, our free statewide e-newsletter. On the subscription page, be sure to select “Forest Stewardship Notes” as your newsletter choice (and any additional DNR newsletters you wish to receive). You will receive a confirmation e-mail after signing up. View archives.
Resource and Assistance Directories
Announcements and Events
- Camano Island – Wednesday June 7, 2017
- North Bend – Thursday June 8, 2017
2017 Forest Owner Field Days
- Dayton – June 24th
- Athol – July 15th
- Bellingham – July 22nd
- Vashon – August 5th
- Whidbey Island – September 9th
2017 Forest Stewardship Coached Planning
- Preston – Tuesday starting September 12th, 2017
- Sedro Woolley – Thursdays starting September 28th, 2017