The WSU Forestry and Wildlife Extension program provides education and information about forest management to private forest landowners as well as the general public. We offer classes, workshops, and field days as well as publications, videos, and online resources to help you achieve your goals as a forest owner. We invite you to browse the vast resources on this site. If you have questions or need additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Local Extension Forestry Programs
- North Central Washington (serving Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas, Okanogan, and Yakima Cunties)
- Northeast and Southeast Washington (serving Spokane, Ferry, Stevens, Pend Oreille, Columbia, Garfield, and Asotin Counties)
- North Puget Sound (serving King, Snohomish, Skagit, Island, San Juan, and Whatcom Counties)
Forest Stewardship University
Forest Stewardship University offers a complete online education experience, featuring over 20 online mini-courses on a wide range of topics specific to Washington forests.
Forest Stewardship Notes
Subscribe to Forest Stewardship Notes, our free statewide e-newsletter.
On the subscription page, be sure to select “Forest Stewardship Notes” as your newsletter choice (and any additional DNR newsletters you wish to receive). You will receive a confirmation e-mail after signing up. View archives.
Find Help on the Web
Below are some WSU Extension resources of particular interest to many forest landowners. Many of our other resources are also available online.
Forestry Education and Assistance for Washington Forest Landowners – A directory of key agencies and contacts for forest owners throughout Washington.
Consulting Foresters Directory - A listing of private consultants that can help you carry out forest management activities
EasternWashingtonSmallSawmills100114- Sawmills – A database to link forest owners & utilizers with eastside small sawmills.
Western Washington Small022615- Sawmills – A database to link forest owners & utilizers with westside small sawmills.
Announcements and Events
Upcoming Forest Stewardship Coached Planning Classes
- Chehalis - Starting April 22, 2015
- Black Diamond – Starting April 30, 2015 (new dates)
- Preston – Starting September 22, 2015
- Whidbey Island – Starting October 8, 2015
Native Trees of Western WA – Presentations and Book Signings
- Everett – May 7th (presentation and signing)
2015 Forest Owner Field Days
- Ronald (Kittitas Co.) - June 20th
- Vashon Island – June 27th
- Frances (Pacific Co.) – August 15th
- Conway (Skagit Co.) – August 29th
- Eastsound (San Juan Islands) – September 26th